Afternoon & Evening Volcano Hiking Tour
These afternoon and evening departures from Reykjavík Iceland take you directly to the Fagradalsfjall volcano area in Geldingalur valley to witness the miracle of land forming before our very eyes. This is the site of the most recent active volcano in Iceland
Things to note:
- This tour requires hiking to and back from the Fagradalsfjall volcano.
- The hike difficulty level is hard and takes around 2-3 hours each way
- Wear hiking shoes, a waterproof jacket and warm clothes
- Bring water and snacks/dinner
- Bring a regular face mask to protect from ashes and dust in the air
- Experienced guide
- Wi-fi on board
- Hike to Fagradalsfjall Volcano
What's not included
- Meals & drinks
What do I need to bring
- Wool or fleece (not cotton) thermal first layer of clothing
- Waterproof and breathable hiking pants and jacket second layer
- Wool/fleece headwear and gloves
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- Water & snacks/dinner
- Face mask is recommended to protect from ashes at the volcano
- Hiking poles are recommended but not mandatory. This can also be rented from BusTravel Iceland.
- The difficulty of the hike is hard/challenging.
- Total hiking time varies on which route is accessible ranging from around 4-6 hours.
- Volcanoes are a natural phenomenon and the level of volcanic activity at the site varies from day to day. Even if the volcano is not erupting during your visit, visiting the area is still fascinating.
- The duration of the tour is approx. 9 hours.
- There is no food included on this tour so we recommend you bring a packed dinner/snacks and water.
- This tour involves hiking to and back from the Fagradalsfjall volcano.