GG2 Big Whale Safari & Puffins
With our speedboats we can offer our passengers more area to cover in search for the gentle giants. A RIB is faster than the wind and makes it therefore more likely for us to find the big whales. Normally we do not have to leave our bay to look for whales of any kind, but on this tour we focus on finding the bigger ones – further out. Nothing is guaranteed but on this tour, your chances to encounter some of the world's biggest animals ever increase – BIG TIME! On this tour we also include a visit to the Puffin Island, where you can experience thousands of puffins, the "Clowns of the Ocean", during the nesting period (April 15th – August 20th approximately).
- A specialized guide
- Warm safety overalls
What do I need to bring
- You will get warm extra clothing before your tour but it is highly recommended to bring own warm and waterproof clothes, footwear and protective bags for cameras as it can be cold and wet out at sea
- The puffin season is from April 15th – August 20th approximately
- The tour on RIB speedboats is not allowed for passengers with heart- or back problems or pregnant women. Minimum age is 8 years and minimum height 130 cm.
- The tour is approximately 2 hours
- For your safety and comfort, we reserve the right to change schedules, even with short notice, should weather or other conditions change