Glacier Snowmobiling & Ice Cave from Reykjavík
Your adventure begins with a pickup in Reykjavík, followed by an exhilarating journey to Iceland's second-largest glacier, Langjökull, aboard our super truck, where you'll enjoy breathtaking views of Eiríksjökull Glacier, Hofsjökull Glacier, and the Kerlingafjöll Mountains. Once there, your certified glacier guide will outfit you with all the necessary gear, provide safety instructions, and give you the basics of snowmobile driving before setting off on an awe-inspiring one-hour ride across Langjökull Glacier, reaching heights of 1450 meters above sea level.
As you race across this remarkably white glacier, Langjökull, often called 'The White Glacier,' you'll feel the thrill and anticipation of approaching a natural ice cave, a sight that never disappoints. Inside the cave, you'll encounter a dazzling blue ice ceiling that resembles a flowing river, set against the backdrop of uniquely striped white ice, formed by layers of volcanic ash. Enjoy exploring and photographing this stunning natural wonder.
Upon exiting the ice cave, your trusty snowmobile awaits to transport you back to our Snowmobile Base Camp. We'll then return you to Reykjavík, concluding a day filled with the excitement of glacier snowmobiling and the rare beauty of an ice cave, offering you a comprehensive experience of Iceland's magnificent glaciers.
- Pickup at selected hotels and bus stops in Reykjavík. Return transfer back to Reykjavík after the tour.
- Snowmobile Tour
- Visit to a Natural Ice Cave
- All Necessary Snowmobile Gear
- Super Jeep Experience
What's not included
- Meals are not included but can be purchased at our bistro at Skjól Basecamp
What do I need to bring
- Please dress according to the weather in Iceland. Wear warm, comfortable clothing, a waterproof outer layer, sturdy hiking boots, gloves, and a wool/fleece hat.
- Do not wear jeans and sneakers - good, sturdy shoes are vital.
- Camera and positive can-do attitude!
- A single person can only ride alone on a snowmobile if paying a single ride price.
- If the number of passengers is not even, the odd passenger out must pay a single ride price. Example: Two persons travelling together must select “2” in the “Adult - Double ride (17+)” section, three persons must choose “2” in the “Adult - Double ride (17+)” section and “1” in the “Adult - Single ride (17+)”.
- A valid driving license is required to drive the snowmobile.
- All children participating in a snowmobile ride are at the responsibility of their parents, minimum age is 8 years old.
- In Iceland, all itineraries are designed to be flexible, taking weather conditions into account. We reserve the right to change your itinerary or cancel it with your safety in mind. At Amazing Tours, your safety is our priority.
- All glacier and adventure trips are undertaken at the responsibility of the participants. Participants must know that all outdoor activities carry an inherent risk and are undertaken entirely at their own risk. Amazing Tours does not assume any responsibility for accidents caused by its customers or can be traced to their actions.