This tour will start with a short drive from our base to Falljökull glacier, which is a neighbouring glacier outlet descending from the vast Vatnajökull ice cap . At the edge of the glacier, you will learn to put on crampons and have a small safety briefing. With an ice axe at hand we will then embark on a one hour guided excursion on the glacier. Your guide will be pointing out some of the fascinating features of the ice while on the hike and teaching you about some of the local geography and history. The glacier surface and colour change a lot depending on the time of year, but summer is the perfect time to get up on the ice and explore.
- We will take you on Falljökull, an outlet glacier of Vatnajökull
- Experience walking on a glacier
- 4×4 transfer to and from our meeting location; we are able to drive closer to the glacier, which means less walking to reach it.
- Local experienced glacier guide
- Crampons and all glacier safety equipment included
- Small group size
- Supporting a small local family company
- This tour is carbon neutralized
What do I need to bring
Hiking boots with ankle support, outdoor clothes, gloves, hat and sunglasses recommended if sunny. Let us know if you don´t have hiking boots, you can rent them from us on location for 1.000 ISK