Reykjavik Northern Lights
This quad biking tour takes you in a small group to see the Northern Lights by the beautiful Hafravatn lake and Mount Hafrafell if the conditions are good. There you will also have a great view over Reykjavik, Mosfellsbær and other towns close by. We will enjoy to look at the stars also, try to see some Shooting Stars to make a wish for perhaps endless whishes if we have to wait for the Northern Lights to show up like you are world away but still so close. Join this tour for a unique experience of driving an ATV at night to hunt for the Northern Lights. Maximum bookable for 8 people or 16 by special request.
All you need is a drivers license warm and good socks and shoes and warm clothes, we provide riding gear, helmets and gloves.
Double Ride is the standard rate in this tour and that means two people on each quad if you do not select "Single Ride" in the booking progress for little extra.
What's not included
Unsafe driving, sliding, spinning, off road drive or drive outside of tracks is not allowed on this tours.
What do I need to bring
All you need is a drivers license and good shoes
- Bring Phone with good camera with you or SLR Camera with tripod and Wide lens
- The newest phones can capture the Northern Lights but not the old one.
- We recommend Iphone 11 or better, the new Google phone and other with night mode or adjustion with few seconds open shutter mode.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You need Driving license
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time