Hike to Volcanic Eruption Sites & Reykjanes Tour
Join us on the ultimate volcanic and geothermal adventure only Iceland has to offer! We pick you up in Reykjavík and hike through lava moss-covered terrain to Fagradalsfjall Volcano where thousands of earthquakes formed the multiple volcanoes in Gelldingalur Valley. The beautiful backcountry of Reykjanes Peninsula offers a chance to experience geothermal wonders, natural phenomena, and places of stunning beauty! The senses are in for the ride of your life to the volcano eruption site, earthquakes moving continents apart, amazing scenery, and geothermal activity out of this world.
The lava surrounded fish-hangars, lake Kleifarvatn with its stunning beaches, Gunnuhver hot springs in Krýsuvík geothermal area, Fagradalsfjall Eruption, Reykjanesviti lighthouse, and coastal features along with the Bridge between two Continents where you can walk between two tectonic plates are just a few of the amazing places this tour has to offer.
Things to note:
- This tour requires hiking to and back from the Fagradalsfjall volcano.
- The difficulty level of the hike is medium (Distance varies but can be around 8 km and 300 m elevation)
- Price is per passenger
- Experienced guide for the tour and hike.
- Wi-fi on board.
- Hike to Fagradalsfjall Volcano.
- Parking and admission fees.
- Use of a headlamp
What's not included
- Meals & drinks
What do I need to bring
- Warm first layer of clothing and a waterproof second layer.
- Comfortable hiking shoes.
- Water and snacks
- Hiking poles are recommended, they can also be rented from BusTravel Iceland.
- The duration of the tour is around 10 hours.
- There is no food or drinks included on this tour but there will be a stop where you are able to buy lunch.
- Volcanoes are a natural phenomenon and the level of volcanic activity at the site varies from day to day. Even though the volcano is not erupting during your visit, visiting the area is still fascinating.