Glacier Lagoon (Jökulsárlón) & South Iceland Tour
The Glacier lagoon, Jökulsárlón, and it's surrounding glacial wonderland is truly one of a kind and certainly not to be missed. The Glacier Lagoon is a stunning force of nature which is fed with icebergs from one of the the offsprings of the largest ice caps in Iceland, Vatnajökull. Part of the scenery is the black basalt iceberg decorated Diamond beach. As the ice breaks away from the melting glacier it drifts through the lagoon and towards the ocean which creates a very unique landscape that is constantly moving and shifting. We will also make time during the drive to visit well selected places on the south coast including the stunning Fjallsárlón Glacier Lagoon, the hidden gem Stjórnarfoss waterfall, the mysterious Seljalandsfoss waterfall that you can walk behind and the charming Vík village with it's black sand beach and majestic Reynisdrangar seastacks.
Being located in the south east some 380 km from the capital, The Glacier Lagoon tour is our longest day tour (14 hrs) but most certainly worth the drive.
- Professional guide
- Free WiFi
What's not included
- Pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
What do I need to bring
- Warm, water- and windproof clothing are always useful in Iceland.
- All tickets are e-tickets so there is no need to print them out.
- A 30 minutes boat ride on the Glacier Lagoon can be purchased on the bus for ISK 6000 per person.
- Food and drinks are not included but can be purchased on the way, there is time allocated for lunch
- The duration of the tour is 14 hours. Please be aware that the tour could run long if affected by bad weather or other delays.